Vancouver's Peat area map and locations.
Above is a Map of Vancouver showing where all the peat areas are. I have numbered all the major peat bog areas and have a list below for where their approximate location is.
The important thing about peat areas is that these locations tend to have very unstable ground that have a tendency to create structural problems for homes located within the bog's and because of this all buyers should be aware of where the Peat area's are in your neighbourhood!
1) This Peat area is centers on Kind Edward St an go's from 16th Ave down to Edington Dr between Granville and Arbutus st.
2) This area spans from 16th Ave to 22nd Ave and is bound by Oak and Ash St.
3) This peat spot is bound by Prince Edward and Inverness and stretches from 16th Ave till Kingsway and follows Kingsway down until 24th Ave.
4) The area around Trout Lake is the location of this peat soil
5) This one is spread out over a few spots but the vast majority of this one goes from 37th Ave to 47th Ave between Windsor st and Beatrice.
6) This larger Peat area is located between 43rd and 49th Ave and stretches from Nanaimo all the way until Rupert St
7) The peat bog in this location is centered on Adanac St and is bound by East Pender and Napier and stretches from Garden Ave to Slocan st.
8) This bog is the largest one in Vancouver which goes from Windsor all the way past Boundary and is bound by East Pender and Lougheed highway.
9) This is a small one that is located on Kerrisdale Park
10) Another small peat area at 44th and Laurel
11) and This small peat area goes from 60th and Maple to 34th and Angus.
For more information on Peat bog areas and how they affect your property value please contact me.